You save:$161.94 (43.54%)
- Provides 8-months of continuous flea and tick prevention
- Seresto flea and tick collar for cats works through contact, so fleas and ticks do not have to bite your cat to die
- Vet-recommended flea and tick prevention for cats in a convenient, odorless non-greasy collar; No need for messy monthly treatments
- Starts to repel and kill fleas within 24 hours of initial application
Out of stock
From the manufacturer
Non-Greasy, Odorless Flea and Tick Collar
Seresto collar for cats work for all weights and sizes
Seresto collar for cats is for use on both indoor and outdoor cats and kittens 10 weeks of age and older. The collar kills fleas and ticks for 8 continuous months, no prescription required.
How it works
Active ingredients are stored within the collar and are released in low concentrations for 8 months. This provides 8 months of continuous protection against fleas and ticks in one convenient treatment, instead of 8 monthly oral or topical treatments.
Your pet is our top priority
The well-being of your pet is our top concern with any of our products, including Seresto. Not only did we thoroughly test Seresto, including its active ingredients and collar components, as part of its development for registration in the U.S. and approval globally, but we closely monitor Seresto continuously to ensure its performance. Since initial EPA registration in 2012, over 25 million Seresto collars have protected pets in the U.S. from fleas and ticks.
How to Apply
Insert the end of the collar through the buckle.
Adjust the collar around the dog’s neck without it being too tight or too loose. It should be possible to enter two fingers comfortably.
Pull excess collar through the loop(s). Collar length greater than 1 inch beyond the loop(s) should be cut off unless it is on a growing puppy.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to work on fleas?
Seresto kills existing fleas on cats within 24 hours after application. After those 24 hours, new fleas are killed within 2 hours.
How do I know if the Seresto collar I purchased is authentic?
It is crucial that pet owners purchase real and genuine Seresto products from authorized and trusted retailers. Counterfeit collars and their packaging look very similar to the actual product. Be sure the collar does not have a greasy feel or an odor.
Does it expire?
There is no expiration date required on the packaging.
The product should be kept in its original packaging and stored as directed on the label.
What are the key ingredients?
The active ingredients in Seresto collars are Imidacloprid and Flumethrin: Imidacloprid to help protect against fleas and Flumethrin to help protect against ticks. No other product has this combination of ingredients.
About This Item
- Veterinarian-recommended prevention treatment kills fleas and ticks on cats and kittens of all weights and 10 weeks of age and older.
- Starts to repel and kill fleas within 24 hours of initial application and re-infesting fleas within two hours; works on contact with no painful biting required.
- Also repels and kills ticks within 48 hours of initial application and re-infesting ticks within six hours; works on contact with no painful biting required.
- Easy-to-use adjustable collar is odorless and non-greasy; quick-release feature and visibility reflectors provide extra safety.
- Water-resistant formula continues working for up to eight months, even after bathing and sun exposure.
Active Ingredients: Flumethrin 4.5%, Imidacloprid 10.0%.
Use only one collar per animal. Fit collar around your pet’s neck, allowing for 2 fingers to fit between the collar and your pet’s neck to ensure a comfortable, yet snug, fit. Once collar is properly fitted, cut off any excess collar measuring 1″ or longer. The collar should be worn continuously for the 8 month protection period. Check periodically and adjust fit if necessary, especially when puppies are rapidly growing. Keep the collar in the bag and in the outer packaging until use. Replace the collar after 8 months for optimal tick and flea protection.
Water Resistance: It is unnecessary to remove the collar before immersing your pet in water. Seresto remains effective following a shampoo treatment, swimming or exposure to rain or sunlight. In order to maintain an 8 month duration, pets must not be bathed more than once a month. For pets that swim once a month or more, the control duration is reduced to five months for fleas and seven months for ticks.Use & Care Instructions
One size fits all.
Where is this product sourced from?
We source all our products from manufacturer approved distributors or directly from the manufacturers. Seresto takes pride in ensuring that our furry friends’ wellbeing is always our top priority. We have worked hard to partner with all of the manufactures to deliver 100% authentic products
I have never had a flea problem before. Where are my pets picking up fleas?
Fleas are very hardy pests that are quite capable of hitching rides on a variety of mammals. Wild animals or feral pets traveling through the environment may be a source for a pet’s exposure. Fleas may be brought to the house by:
- You – attached to clothing, luggage, dog blankets, etc.
- Your pet – any time your pet steps outside your house, they are potentially exposed to fleas, especially in areas where there are other animals.
- Stray or homeless cats and dogs – since these animals are not being cared for, they are easy targets for fleas. A single feral cat walking through your back yard even just one time may drop many flea eggs into the grass or under shrubs.
- Wildlife – particularly raccoons and opossums. These animals typically aren’t seen very often, because they are active at night. A single opossum can carry as many as 1,000 adult fleas! An opossum walking through your back yard even just one time can drop many flea eggs into the grass or under shrubs as they pass through.
- Non-treated pets in the household – most dogs are treated for fleas and ticks. Often, the cats in the household are not, especially if they are indoor only cats.
- Non-treated pets in the neighborhood – you may be vigilant about treating your pets for fleas, but your neighbor(s) may not.
What are the benefits of Seresto?
With its innovative delivery system, Seresto offers a breakthrough in flea and tick protection for dogs or cats for eight months.Features and benefits:
- For dogs or cats.
- Kills fleas.
- Repels and kills ticks. If a tick is repelled, it cannot attach and transmit disease-causing organisms.
- Non-greasy, odorless, easy-to-use.
How does Seresto work?
Inside the unique polymer matrix of Seresto are two active ingredients:
- Imidacloprid has been used in products for years to control flea infestations.
- Flumethrin effectively repels and kills ticks.Flumethrin works together with imidacloprid to provide dual action against fleas and ticks. No other treatment has this combination of ingredients.The active ingredients spread from the site of direct contact over the skin surface of the cat or dog.*Sustained release technology*Seresto works similarly to a monthly topical, but as the active ingredients wear off over time, a new supply is continuously replenished in low concentrations. The active ingredients spread from the site of direct contact over the skin surface.Bayer’s polymer matrix technology is designed to slowly and continuously release the active ingredients for eight months, a duration that makes it clearly different from other flea and tick collars.
What if my cat or small dog gets stuck while wearing a Seresto collar?
Because some pet owners may be concerned that a cat or small dog could get stuck while wearing a collar, Seresto is designed with a safety release mechanism. In the unlikely event of the cat being trapped, the cat’s own strength is sufficient to widen the collar to allow for quick release. A hard pull causes the ratchet-release mechanism to allow a widening of the collar. The small dog and cat collars are equipped with a predetermined breaking point. A harder pull triggers the breaking of the collar at this point.
- If your cat is not used to collars.
- Rarely, mild application site reactions may occur such as scratching, redness and hair loss, which usually recover within 1 to 2 weeks without the need for collar removal. In some cases, temporary collar removal and bathing may be recommended until symptoms have disappeared. In very rare cases, application site reactions such as dermatitis, inflammation, eczema or lesions may occur. In these instances, collar removal is recommended. If signs persist or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately.
What is the expiration date for Seresto for cats?
There is no expiration date required on the packaging by the EPA for this product. The product should be kept in its original packaging and stored as directed on the label.
How do I store and dispose of Seresto?
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
- Storage: Store in original unopened container in a cool, dry place that is inaccessible to children.
- Disposal: Dispose of container, pouch and expired collar in trash.
How can I verify the legitimacy of this collar?Seresto.online is an authorized retailer of Seresto® products, which means we purchase the products we sell directly from Elanco, the maker of Seresto®. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of your collar, call Elanco’s veterinary team at 1-800-255-6826.
Fleas rise to the top of your pet’s coat as they die, so consider it a triumph if you start seeing more fleas at first, after treating your pet. If you’re still seeing fleas after application, it may be because your pet has picked up new fleas from the environment, which may include other pets, surfaces and outdoor areas. It may take up to 30 days to break the entire flea life cycle. Additionally, you should also treat sources of new fleas (i.e., carpet, yard, etc.) to ensure complete flea control.